Give me a break.

An hour into the Vernonia loop today I ripped the rear derailleur off of my Vaniller road bike. Ugh. I busted out the chain tool, turned it into a single speed and kept on trucking. Ira Ryan and I climbed up into the snow and then just decided to turn around when the climbing got silly.

Friday night I got woken up by the ADT alarm company giving me a call, some street kids put a hole in one of the big windows of the Veloshop. So there I am 2 am, sleeping with my ladyfriend and the alarm company tells me a window is busted and the cops are down there waiting for me to show up. I’m panicked, thinking I got robbed but really, it was just some drunks. I got the pleasure of putting plywood over the window at 3am and daydreaming about the $700-800 a new pane will cost.

My mechanic gave me her 2 weeks notice too. So, I’m in the market for a new mechanic. I’d double what Sellwood is giving Fatson but KONA’s got thier grubby paws all over that shit.

Wait, seriously. I’m hiring a wrench for the Veloshop. Now.

All moaning aside, I had a killer ride today. And I would like to take a second to appreciate the finer things in life. Like this Sugino Zen track chainring.

Looking forward to nicer weather, iced soy mochas and mountain bike racing.

10 comments for “Give me a break.”

1. Sorry to hear about your window; that’s wack.

What MTB races are you going to do this spring?

Posted by Anonymous | March 12, 2006, 3:59 pm
  2. Lame. Where do you find a piece of plywood at 3am? Sucks for sure. Grrr. It would sure be fun to leave some chainring marks in certain parts of them hooligans… like their butt crack!

Posted by cb | March 12, 2006, 8:18 pm
  3. shit molly, sorry to hear about the window. Damn drunks. You should put out a “buy me a new window” tip jar on the counter.

Posted by Jonathan Maus | March 12, 2006, 9:52 pm
  4. Or that paypal button could come back…:)

Posted by Anonymous | March 13, 2006, 12:08 am
  5. broken window? those sonsofguns.

But the real action isn’t on some street corner chucking rocks through windows, it’s on a location called the internet- http://www.myspace.com/nicholasbrandt

Posted by Nicholas Brandt-Sorenson III | March 13, 2006, 4:28 pm
  6. OMG his myspace is SOOOO KeWl!!!!!! He has like a zillion friends and a weak ago I axed him to be my friend and he said yes so now IM his friend TOO!!!

LOL!

ROTGLMAOF!!!!

Posted by XstarvingeyesX | March 13, 2006, 6:17 pm
  7. Now, as you can see my hands are completely empty. see? Now all i’m going to do is take this ordinary silk handerchief, as you can see this is just an ordinary silk hankerchief, now i’m just going to stuff this into my fist like so…

Posted by Anonymous | March 13, 2006, 6:29 pm
  8. Matson is in PDX right now and is comming back to my house thursday so you could give some stuff with him… word.

Posted by Nasty | March 14, 2006, 8:55 am
  9. I will now just go ahead and place this ordinary penny in my hand like so. Again, just like so. Now watch closely… what? Where’d it go? what thuh?… Hey kid, c’mere… what’s that behind your ear? No, not that one, the other one. This one here… why, it’s a GIANT penny! Hey, where’d that come from?!?

Seriously, this myspace stuff is so KEWL. Molly should get one too.

Posted by king of koins | March 14, 2006, 11:01 am
  10. http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/Rolling+on+the+Ground+Laughing+My+Ass+Off

Thank god there’s a dictionary for these things. All the abbreviations sure save us all time.

Posted by Jimmy Handshake | March 14, 2006, 11:03 am