Got robbed. Again?

Yep, 2am. Again. Sweeping up glass and hanging out with the police. While the glass company is taking its sweet time getting my new window installed someone actually pulled down the board I had up over the broken window and came in and stole a bunch of stuff. I had a witness and everything! Again, my alarm company gave me a call and I sprinted down to the shop to deal with the BS.

Here is the kicker. All they stole was track racing gear. The cop is telling me the description of a person dressed in a black hoodie, black pants and riding a bike. “That sounds like me.” I laugh. Under my breath, of course, because I am pissed. Now I am waiting around for the fingerprinting cops to show up…

Yeah! They are here. I’ve learned in my experience that fingerprinting is usually pointless. I guess I am glad they are trying.

Well I know the burglar stole a few specific parts, keep your eyes peeled:

A single grey MKS track pedal.
The right side only of a black Sugino 75, 167.5 length track crankset.
A silver pair of 167.5 Dura Ace track crank arms.
A Suzue ProMax NJS silver hubset.
A Phil Wood sealed bearing bottom bracket.

I THINK that is it. Ok, I am going to board it up again and get to bed.

At least he stole enough stuff it will be worth it to pay my insurance deductable…

9 comments for “Got robbed. Again?”

1. Also, i was going to say one word, well okay, may three words… PLEXIGLASS… and STEEL BARS. that should do the trick. will also reduce your insurance premiums. also you should be able to find a welder. i think you know a few. xo, Mark

Posted by Mark Beattie | March 23, 2006, 9:55 am
  2. yeah you could get some sweet vanilla bars.. maybe get them powdercoated pink

Posted by chestre | March 24, 2006, 3:19 pm
  3. sigh. sounds almost like a spontaneous robbery; one pedal, one non-drive side(?) crank, and a couple other very choice items. just enough to toss into a bag and jet.
    and yes- bars, plexi, bright-ass lights, cheap but functional cameras,… fake cameras even! too bad you even have to consider shit like this.

Posted by matt W | March 24, 2006, 7:10 pm
  4. this shit reminds me of when i heard about people getting parts on their high end track bikes stolen whilst locked up in san francisco. totally shady, and the theif was on a bike too…so sketchy. i got hit by a car tonight, somehow i didn’t even go down since it was from the side, i hope you get lucky too molly.

Posted by will law | March 24, 2006, 9:27 pm
  5. this is total bullshit. I am very torn up to hear this. My friend informed me about it today and that’s fucked. Molly, you’re a pillar of support to the portland bike community and this is just fucked! i wish I could do more than just keep an eye out…
    looking forward to some u-lock justice.

Posted by josh m | March 25, 2006, 3:58 am
  6. Godfuckingdamnit, I hate hearing stuff like this. Hang in there, Molly, you’ve got a awesome customer base!

BTW, I moved back to San Diego in early Dec., but I keep telling folks to visit the shop.

Posted by David Cepoi | March 31, 2006, 12:49 pm
  7. my name is also Molly Cameron, pretty sweet

Posted by Molly | April 2, 2006, 3:21 pm
  8. My name is Molly Cameron, too.

Posted by Molly A Cameron | April 10, 2006, 1:12 pm
  9. If you are interested. I got this old Tyco kidcam, you plug it into a vcr, press record. Just get an old vcr and 8 hour long play tape. You’d only get 8 hours, I don’t know. Anyway, it’s yours if you want it.

But pink bars and plexi glass sound so cool.

Posted by Michael | May 26, 2006, 10:25 am