But that is all beside the point…

I’ve been on the bike a little more this week. It has been uncomfortable but, I’m on the mend.

Here is a photo Don from Challenge USA sent of me on day two of the Louisville USGP.

ouch.

Hell yeah.In other news, I spent a sweet afternoon at the ocean with Brian, DawnRiddle and Brian’s parents a few days ago. They shredded the waves. I brushed up on my Flemish.

I’m getting some FMB road and track tyre samples in a week. Sick! Silk and coton casings with 2 different rubber tread options and latex tread options for wooden tracks!

To the victor the spoils!

Steven Hunter took a swim in the Willamette river yesterday evening. See, there is this “grail”. It is holy and sacred. If you find the “grail” you get a trip to cx world in Treviso. While I am the sucker paying my way to Europe, Steven jumped in a toxic river to claim his stake to the prize!

6 comments for “But that is all beside the point…”

1. SHunter looks like Golum…

Posted by Le Jess | November 15, 2007, 6:54 am
  2. Ah, there are many grail, but only one grail is the true grail that will take the bearer to Treviso.
    The true grail holder will be determined at the final Crusade event or “awards ceremony”.
    The other grail are still good grail — they should get the grail holders into next year’s Crusades gratis!

Posted by Android | November 15, 2007, 7:37 am
  3. So did shunter get the grail? We are going to Treviso too. I wonder if there will be speedos and KISS cheerleaders….

Posted by dirt doll | November 15, 2007, 9:17 am
  4. You
    have
    got
    to
    be
    kidding me!!!

Of course this is the “real” grail, all the other ones have been posted up on trees. (So I’ve heard) You’re telling me Shunter takes a toxic dive in the middle of November and he won’t be going to Treviso? I don’t think the Crusaders would be so cruel.

I too am considering making the pilgrimage, out of pocket.

~arrivederci

Posted by Patrick | November 15, 2007, 8:47 pm
  5. steven is well equipped for his next excursion… i fixed him up with a wetsuit, booties, gloves and a rash guard for extra protection. the toxins can only penetrate his face now:) crazy guy!

Posted by heather | November 16, 2007, 5:38 pm
  6. uh oh, I sure hope My. Hunter got the actual piece that was attached to that float. Please tell me that he didn’t think the helmet was the actual piece… If so, the true piece now lies unmarked at the bottom of the murky and rainwater sweetened depths.

Posted by Crusade Stasher | November 16, 2007, 6:04 pm