Hofstade World Cup!

ugh!

quick update:

I flatted about 4 laps into the race at the furthest point away from the pits and by the time I was done with my little 10 minute jog, the lead riders came through.

Once I got my spare bike I chased and pulled at the finish line.

Not stoked.

The fans were pretty rad, I was running my ass off and I got more cheers and support than if I was on the bike. They were pumped, I was suffering.

Parbo had a point: “How many flats have you had this year?”

WTF?! I just glued that file tread FMB tyre on 2 days ago. Total use: 10 minutes.

Everybody got clobbered today. The euros are building up for their national championships next weekend and are on fire.

Thanks for the support everyone, it was rad to connect with pals and see everybody at the race today. most of the cx campers are skippinng Torhout tomorrow while I am skipping Loenhout the next day.

Then taking a couple days to recover before Diegem, a race I would like to do well in.

Barb Howe fell pretty badly today and I know she is OK, not sure what the damage is, she went to the hospital, I’ll know more tomorrow at Torhout.

ciao!

6 comments for “Hofstade World Cup!”

1. Merry xmas from Mi. Just read your blogs. My ribs still hurt from a wakeboard pull. Gotta let your body heal while you push on thru. Hot menthol on the ribs will help. Will keep tract of your rides. We love you. The force is you! Go Molly!!!!!

Posted by aunt patti and aly | December 26, 2007, 12:37 pm
  2. Awesome stuff. Keep fighting and the form will come back around.

Posted by DAve Aukerman | December 27, 2007, 8:17 am
  3. Hi Molly,

sorry not to be able to pass by. did manage to see some stuff on tv.. looked hard. guess the level in belgium is pretty high.

see you next week!!

Posted by emile | December 28, 2007, 7:10 am
  4. whats the benefit of the file tread in the sand?

Posted by daveo | December 28, 2007, 9:56 am
  5. Hard to explain that one…

I’ll let Parbo do the talking:

“you don’t need the sharp knobs to cut and get grip. you need it to carry.”

Take a look at beach car, the front tyres are smooth. Knobs cannot really “grip” into sand like they do mud and grass. So the smooth tread cuts quickly through the sand, which helps you maintain speed and keep you upright.

Posted by Molly | December 28, 2007, 11:18 am
  6. yup – simple tread = less drag. a sandrail has paddle tires on the rear (drive) wheels, but even in the dutch sand crosses, theres some non-sand riding, and theres no worse tire for non-sand than a paddle tire, so file all the way it is. it doesnt crop up in the us so much because its so rare to have a course with enough sand for a file tread to really come into play.

though the old story, as i remember it, was that the file tread looks like sand, so…

Posted by joel | December 29, 2007, 7:54 am