Dear to my heart.

Story on NPR about gender identity.

Training with power is near and dear to my heart as well. So, this is an interesting read for the local riders training with power. Good to see data from someone other than a top pro.

Did you know that “great tits cope well with warming“? I certainly did not.

Ahem, getting back into the routine after an easy training week.

Got this in the inbox. Enjoy. Laugh if you want.

A couple from the East coast was in the shop looking for a Veloshop-Portland souvenir. We got to talking, a cx racing friend of their’s pointed them in the Veloshop direction. They proceeded to extol the virtues of the East coast and how all of the top cx riders are from the NE. I actually got a little defensive! I huffed a little and then had to concede. Most of the top 10 from the USGP and Nationals are not from the NW. When they asked if I had ever raced on the east coast I had a “don’t you know who the hell I am?” moment and luckily caught myself before I blurted out “don’t you know who the fuck I am?!”

HA!

This also makes me think about how the internet does NOT convey sarcasm. There should be a sarcastic font.

And I would write in it.

A lot.

6 comments for “Dear to my heart.”

1. What was the response after your blurt?

Posted by Guy Smith | May 14, 2008, 8:02 pm
  2. Enjoyed the articles and agree on the sarcastic font. Would clarify a lot of communications.

Posted by sydney | May 15, 2008, 11:01 am
  3. Agree w/ Sydney: good articles. Particularly the NPR, really interesting… Amazing how some professionals can let biases effect their therapeutic relationships with clients (thinking of Zucker here)…

Wow if I had access to a sarcastic font, I would probably limit all outside communications to e-mail or similarly based…

Posted by Lane | May 16, 2008, 12:51 pm
  4. I’m impressed someone on the WC has sarcasm….I thought that was confined to the NE

Posted by LJ | May 20, 2008, 3:23 pm
  5. hell, just toss the good ‘ol sarcasm brackets in there [sarcasm]sarcastic crap [/sarcasm]

yeah, all we have out west is loggers and flannels, I guess.

Posted by Quenton | May 21, 2008, 10:18 pm
  6. I will say this… any one who trains with Steve Owens is going to get results. The guy knows how to train with power. He has help more regional level cyclists go national than anybody I know. If you want to go to the next level talk to Steve just like Brian did… He’s also a super duper nice guy!!
    mark out.