If you are not amused…

…well, give it 48 seconds:

I stayed at my dad’s house in Puyallup last weekend and I got to sleep with a cat on my belly all night.

My favorite part is how many babies get taken out by cats.

How about the next fun part:

Who wants to guess how much it will cost to fly with 2 cx bikes to Wisconsin this weekend? Just downloaded the FedEx shipping calculator and NW Airlines checked baggage conditions. That calculator is like deciphering the damn Rosetta stone.

Should we do it price is right style? Closest to actual retail price? There and back home?

The best thing about cx season?

Spending the next few days after the races de-building, cleaning and re gluing all of your gear.

12 comments for “If you are not amused…”

1. Rough guess…without looking at either site is $600 for the tickets and $350 for the bikes….so $950 or so.

Good luck.

Posted by bustedbrad | September 22, 2008, 6:54 pm
  2. we flew NW recently with a double bike box. however, the box has to be less than 70lbs – no check baggage more than 70lb. ours was 74lbs and so we had to remove the tires and check one rear wheel. cost was $100 each way for the bikes and $25 for the extra checked wheel. so, $250 total.

Posted by matt | September 22, 2008, 10:07 pm
  3. I’ve been taking my back back and forth to Thailand with me for the last few years. The priced have steadily been going up and this time they told me if I had bought my ticket after July 1st (luckily I had bought it before), it would have been $300 for one bike (same price for international or just across the country). So I’m going for $1200.

Posted by Kyle | September 22, 2008, 10:38 pm
  4. I could watch that cat spin around on the ceiling fan over, and over, and over….

Posted by brian | September 22, 2008, 10:58 pm
  5. hmmm, to the cheese state, I am guessing $100 per bike (no taxes), so me thinks around $489 all said and done.

funny cat video, and congrats on the racing! hopefully I can make it to a few of the cross races you are coming to in Europe. now if I can just find where I left my fitness…

Posted by Ken | September 23, 2008, 1:57 am
  6. We’re flying to WI too this weekend for the JP/PB Cup CX races. United wants $150 per bike box, each way. We FedExed the bikes yesterday for waaaaaay less $$$. Good luck!
    -BeanBag

Posted by Bean | September 23, 2008, 6:31 am
  7. Shipped two bikes by FedEx ground from DC to WI for $67 total — I think they undercharged me. One was 48lbs and the other was 55lbs. Better than United, who wanted $150 per bike ONE WAY. Can you say GOUGE?

Posted by ken | September 23, 2008, 8:23 am
  8. Enough about shipping the bikes already, although I just flew northwest and it was 100 bucks one way for one bike; I got lucky on the way home and the checking lady didn’t charge me for the bike.

That video was amazing! I nearly peed myself.

Posted by dave b | September 25, 2008, 3:53 pm
  9. Probably about $100 per bike…. and you might be getting hit with a charge for checking extra luggage. Maybe another $50. So I’d guess an extra $250 each way, plus $400 for the flight.

On the bright side, that video with the cats is hilarious!

RC

Posted by Russell @ Upper Echelon Fitness | September 25, 2008, 6:42 pm
  10. Oh yeah – I dropped my cross bike off at the Veloshop today to get the brakes adjusted. I’ll go ride it this weekend so I’ll be ready for the ‘cross clinic on Tuesday. Kevin Hullick is also coming out to help. It’ll go great.

Good luck this weekend.

RC

Posted by Russell @ Upper Echelon Fitness | September 25, 2008, 6:44 pm
  11. I thought Southwest charged 50 bucks one way per bike.

Funniest cat video I’ve ever seen.

Posted by Matt E. | September 27, 2008, 9:23 am
  12. Sal and I just watched that video and laughed so hard we cried.
    I agree that the baby attacks are the best bits.

Posted by Heidi Swift | September 27, 2008, 5:19 pm