Mil-WAH-kee!

I drove back to Milwaukee after the JP race today. My flight home is at 6am!

ugh. The races, they are not so good to me.

Had a decent start! And then my back cramped up on me again and I dropped anchor.

So weird, I don’t what is happening. Same thing as last Sunday, I just could not pedal my bike. Had good legs till they gave up on me.

Talked with a few people about what is going on: No drastic change in bike position recently, went out hard but, not too hard. Did not even really blow up, I just could not put anything into the pedals.

wah wah wah. All I’ve got is excuses this weekend!

Oh well, it is a long cx season. Plenty more racing to do.

12 comments for “Mil-WAH-kee!”

1. molly—great to have you out racin in the midwest, bummer on the back but you’ll be rippin it euro style before ya know it. come back and visit us again…jingle cross in ia perhaps?

Posted by marko | September 28, 2008, 7:25 pm
  2. In your about blurb I don’t think you need a comma before “a proud Vegan”. I think it should just read:

Molly Cameron is the least talented European cyclocross racer in the United States, the founder of the Veloshop (a very small bicycle shop located in downtown Portland, Oregon) and a proud Vegan.

Though if you want to use a serial comma (aka the Oxford comma or the Harvard comma) it’d go like this:

Molly Cameron is the least talented European cyclocross racer in the United States, the founder of the Veloshop (a very small bicycle shop located in downtown Portland, Oregon), and a proud Vegan.

But I think it looks weird after the parentheses. Also a photo of your Vanilla Speedvagen was on BKW. NIce.

Posted by Mark Beattie | September 29, 2008, 7:02 am
  3. Your legs need Portland cowbell, Molly.
    Come home.

Posted by Heidi Swift | September 29, 2008, 1:10 pm
  4. If using the “Oxford Comma”, it should come after the ‘and’. The sentence should be punctuated as if the parentheses are not there.

It is totally optional, but most writers for internet would leave it out.

Good racing.

Posted by jza | September 29, 2008, 1:52 pm
  5. i can understand why a vegan would have a hard time north of the cheddar curtain (our loving Chicagoan way of talking about the Wisco) but please do come back and visit. Midwest = LOVE.

Posted by julie | September 30, 2008, 11:00 am
  6. Molly…it was great to see you out at Madcross representing on the Speedwagen. I’m headed out Portland way the second week of October and I’ll try to stop by the Veloshop. You’ll prbably be out racing mud!

Posted by Sean | September 30, 2008, 6:38 pm
  7. nice to see you molly!

Posted by Kevin Sparrow | October 1, 2008, 11:41 am
  8. see you at alpenrose! the bikes all finished, and im amped up and ready to choke!

Posted by joel | October 1, 2008, 7:05 pm
  9. Molly,

I got a lot of photos at the Sun Prairie Cross Race….although it sounds like it was not your best I thought you might like some. I can just email them to you if you would like.

Posted by Scott Johnson | October 2, 2008, 7:26 am
  10. I was looking at the picture of your bike on bkw.

What seat post and saddle are you using?

it really is a sexy bike, but I liked the pink ck hubs. :)

Posted by Adam | October 2, 2008, 1:05 pm
  11. Molly,

Keeping it real….Not to worry I always give a “hello” to the CXers out there. I mean I could be deployed in the sand. Where are the manners?

Look forward to introducing you to the CREW soon enough. All the best.

MJG Gallagher

Posted by Michael, Jessica, Gilbert | October 2, 2008, 2:23 pm
  12. Just skip the mil…..having lived there for 3 years, the correct local pronunciation is M’Waukee

Really, it’s two syllables.

Posted by Dave | October 2, 2008, 3:47 pm