Top secret glance at my new cx kit:

Thanks for the digital tip Dean.

I love me some acrobatic cycling. And I love how, after the Germans obviously nail their routine, the crews roll the goal net out for the cycle-ball competition. efficient.

Tarck bike kids eat your hearts out. Backwards-no handed-wheelie with someone standing on your shoulders.

6 comments for “Top secret glance at my new cx kit:”

1. :o damn!!

Posted by Marko | August 17, 2009, 12:53 am
  2. love that. everything about it.

Posted by QT | August 17, 2009, 1:41 pm
  3. This frighteningly precise performance at first brings back memories of East German (DDR) athletes back in the day; then you remember those are Federal Republic of Germany (BRD) colours. So what gives?

They have taken the Cirque de Soleil model and ramped it up, adding their German precision, pride/know-how, and exactitude.

But what comes at the end, their display of affection for each other, is the first moment that you know they could never be socialist East Germans (even if they _are_ Ossies).

Whereas, behind the scenes, East Germans athlets may have been fond of each other, and been encouraged to go for a few too many schnapps and a laugh, they would never be so free and easy in front of cameras.

This is indeed Vaudeville at its best.

Posted by J.D. | August 18, 2009, 7:12 pm
  4. That is the most hardcore thing I have seen in a long time. Take that all you punk rock fixgear riding Brooklyn, Philly, Portland studs. Take down all of those wallet chain wearing You Tube hipsters “this is how you ride a fixed gear” haters, you got punked. It was so Epic that Rapha will be selling those German leotards next season for $600.

Posted by Fausto | August 20, 2009, 12:14 pm
  5. Reminds me of the movie, R.A.D. and the bike dancing scene to the tune, “Send me an Angel”

Posted by Matt | August 23, 2009, 11:37 am
  6. are those Adidas German National Acrobatic Cycling Team unitards that look like leotards? with chamois?!? i want one.

Posted by Junior | August 23, 2009, 2:47 pm